- Aprils 1st through May 31st - 850 cfs (24/7, designated for Spawning Sturgeon / Start date dependent upon on spring thaw)
- Summer Release Schedule @ 650 cfs, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Special Thanks to Xcel Energy, NPS & American Whitewater for making these happen!):
- Saturday, June 10th and 11th - Continuation of Canoe U, hosted by Rapids Riders, Minneapolis / St. Paul. Contact Dan McGrath, (612) 388-0936 or go to www.rapidsriders.org for more information.
- Saturday, July 22nd and 23rd
- Saturday, August 12 and 13th - (ButterCup Whitewater Slalom Series), for more information contact Glenn Felske, (715) 313-4512
- JFWW / Butter Cup Flyer
2017 Jim Falls Whitewater - Beginner Whitewater Kayaking Course
- Saturday, July 22nd and Sunday, July 23rd
- Cost: $125
- Registration Deadline: Saturday, July 15th
- Dates& amp; Locations:
- One week day night - 5 to 9 p.m. - Talk with instructors.
- Free camping available behind Smileys Restaurant in Jim Falls, WI
- One Saturday - 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. - Meet @ Hwy 178 Historical Marker (Jim Falls, WI)
- One Sunday - 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. - Meet @ Hwy 178 Historical Marker (Jim Falls, WI)
- *Note*Each participant will need to be outfitted for boats & gear prior to the first day of this course.
- For more information please email us @ firstname.lastname@example.org or call Dan McGrath, (612) 388-0936
Down River Race Results, Video Footage & Pictures (09/01/12)
- Whitewater & Flat Water Race Results
- 2012 Sponsors & Donors
- Midwest Mayhem Video (Special Thanks to Cailen R. for Video / Helmet Camera)
- Video Covering Race: Dan Lea, Maverick Media Radio Eau Claire, WI
- Face Book Page Pictures (Picture are Open to Public, Log In & View)
- Jim Falls is the ideal locaiton for beginner / intermediate boaters to learn the basics & an excellent place for more advanced paddlers to hone in on their skills. What mot people don't know is surrounding the Jim Falls area with in an hour or two drive their are several other locations to Whitewater paddle that can, depending on water levels, challenge the most experienced boaters. Take a look at these clips & see what the Chippewa Valley has to offer:
Whitewater Destinations of the Chippewa Valley;
IMPORTANT NOTICE. This blog seeks to promote the responsible enjoyment of whitewater paddling through the sharing of paddling techniques and safety. This web site is provided as a free service to the whitewater paddling community to facilitate the exchange of information and ideas among individuals interested in whitewater paddling, which inherently involves certain risks and hazards. While these risks and hazards can be reduced through proper training, education, and safety precautions, they cannot be entirely eliminated.
Jim Falls Whitewater, and the authors of the blogs posted on this web site, are not responsible for any private actions taken by individuals reading or otherwise exchanging ideas or information on this web site and are not responsible for any content posted by third parties on this web site. Always seek professional training and learn safety precautions before participating in any kind of paddlesports. Ultimately, your safety is your responsibility.